Friday, May 4, 2012

Vertigo Attack Free for One Month!

"He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me." Psalm 18:22

My last cluster of attacks was a month ago.  That is GREAT news.  I am so thankful to have had no more attacks. For those still confused about this disease, an attack is when something snaps in my brain and scrambles it, causing me to only be able to lie down, completely motionless, in a dark room - it causes severe nausea; I cannot open my eyes b/c they just jump all over the place - nothing is standing still... kinda like in a movie when they cut to a dream sequence and the picture on the screen starts to morph and swirl and twist around.  My attacks typically last about 2 hours and I have to stay in bed for a day or more afterward.  Often the attacks come in "clusters" so several usually come within a few days of each other.  One month ago, I had four attacks in an 18 hour period.  But NONE since then!!!

Therapy is going really well.  I had 2 great sessions this week.  Summer had me do a lot in the time I was there but not so much that I couldn't recover or that I was a mess when I left.  One of the "exercises" is on a swing... yes, when she told me we were going to swing I almost lost it. Anyway, I sit on the "swing" and she gently pushes me back and forth and side to side.  There's a picture below.  And I have to close my eyes while I'm doing it.  Even you "normal" non-Meniere's people out there would be a little unnerved.  But it's really not bad and she takes it very slowly.  After seeing the picture, Beau & Lydia are READY for therapy b/c the swing looks so fun!


"Swinging" at therapy
So I have nothing but praise and good news... no more attacks, which is critical for the therapy to be able to work.  And two good therapy sessions this week.  And the past few days have been MUCH less dizzy, swimmy, foggy!  Thank you Jesus!

I have been reading about those biblical heroes who had their own furnaces of affliction - Job, Joseph, David and they are such an inspiration.  God never left them and He always restored them beyond what I'm sure they expected ("To him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine" - Ephesians 3:20). 

I often get caught up in what I think might be going on in my ear and what I've read should be the outcome. I have to catch myself in these moments and remember that I've asked the God of the universe to help me.  My brother, Vince, is one of the funniest and smartest people I know.  I'll close with an e-mail he recently sent me in unedited form (for the record, brilliant minds usually have terrible written grammar and spelling)...

Hey sis, it is so great to serve a god who almost always gets things right. to know he usually tries his best, and dosent mean to fail. and he is always so ready to get advice from his lawyers and PR dept so they can put the right 'spin' on things. i am so comforted to know his success rate is in the 80-85% range; depedning on what survey you read.
OH, wait, so sorry, we serve Jesus Christ, the Lord God Amighty, Holy and Reverand are his name. He is the Alpha and the Omega, He spoke all the universies into existance through the power of his Word. Without Him nothing exists. .......And He died on a cross for us. 
OK, I guess we can pretty much depend on Him. All my love. a message for me as much as you, your bro LOVE YA, no need to reply!!!!
Vince.... NSCU (no spell check used... youll get ove it.

Your prayers are working in a mighty way.  I cannot thank you enough for all of the love and support through prayer - it is powerful.  Please pray specifically for:  Continue to be attack-free, continue to do well in therapy; the kids have 10 days of school left and in those 10 days there are 3 times I would like to be up at the school for events.  Please pray that I will have no panic or anxiety and those will be good days and I can attend those things at the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment