Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

I know, I know, yesterday was mother's day... I'm a little late!! 

I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.  I will meditate on all your works & consider all your mighty deeds. ---Psalm 77:11-12

This scripture is so significant to me because through this current wilderness experience it reminds of something very, very important: I know that God will deliver me out of this crisis.  Why?  Because of His track record.

We all have times in our lives where we can look back and see the hand of God.  There are situations and circumstances that only He could have orchestrated or gotten us through.  So often during this illness, I have thought back to all of the wonderful works He's done and blessings He's given me.  There's comfort in knowing that He has never failed - not once.

On Mother's Day in particular, I think back to the "valley of infertility."  After years of trying to have a baby we were diagnosed with "unexplained infertility" - NOT a helpful diagnosis.  For months we tried fertility treatments that were unsuccessful.  Then, in October 2005, we underwent invitrofertilizaton (IVF).  The rest, as they say, is history.  This month we will celebrate the twins' 6th birthday.  God was so faithful in this circumstance that He DOUBLED the blessing.

So, on days when I am especially sick and tired (literally) of Meniere's Disease and the journey it is taking me on, I "remember God's miracles of long ago," especially the one delivered on May 23, 2006:


"Miracles of Long Ago... (2 weeks old)"

Your path led through the sea, your way through the mighty waters, though your footprints were not seen.  ---Psalm 77:19

How often do we think God isn't working because we can't see things happening right now, on our schedule, on our terms?  But think back to those miracles of long ago and remember that we don't always see His work until it is complete.

The entire 77th Psalm is a good one to read, especially if you're in a valley. 

So, to update on Meniere's and other things... all four of us seem to be getting over the crud we've had (thank you for the prayers)!  My cold is still putting a little extra pressure on my ear causing dizziness but it's gone down from the last few days (PRAISE!).  I am trying to do more of my VRT exercises at home to get this nerve SUPERSTRONG.  I go to therapy Wednesday and Thursday this week.  Please keep praying for progress with VRT. 

THANK YOU for reading this and keeping up with me; THANK YOU for praying and checking in.  It means more than I can express!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment