Thursday, May 24, 2012

Keep Waiting

Therefore the LORD will wait, that He may be gracious to you; and therefore He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you.  For the LORD is a God of justice; blessed are those who wait for Him---Isaiah 30:18

Just a quick update from my last post... THANK YOU prayer partners for your persistence and diligence.  I feel completely at peace with things and have since I posted a few days ago.  I have had 3 really good days; the best stretch of good days since I can remember and I know without a doubt that it's God's way of telling me to keep trusting for His healing.  I am still not opposed to considering other medical treatments down the road, but for right now, I am not.  I've slept really good the past few nights, felt really good and just feel that doing nothing right now (other than my therapy) is right where God wants me. 

I'd like to share a short passage from the book I am reading, The Fire of Delayed Answers by Bob Sorge:
Why we wait: Because when God finds a man or woman who will truly wait on Him, He is free to act.
How to wait: Run after Him with all your heart, mind, soul and strength.  Waiting is a stationary pursuit.  Waiting is intense stillness.  Waiting is vigilant listening.

I still believe God is teaching me things during this wait and to move right now would be to take matters into my own hands.  He wants to be free to act and He wants me to run after Him. 

I have a plant in my house that I've had for at least 5 years.  It puts on a bloom about once or twice a year, no more.  As I walked down the hall yesterday, I saw it... my PEACE LILY was blooming!  The Grace of God!!!!

Peace Lily Bloom 5/23/12
Please keep praying for continued progress.  I still feel so strongly that I will be in complete remission one day - no more of ANY of this - NOTHING.  And I also feel strongly that I will be able to say that the only answer for it is God's grace.  I will be able to share with people for the rest of my life how deep in despair I was and how gracious God was to me.  None of us deserve a good, easy life.. so we are ALL under his grace.  If you're fighting and struggling, hang in there; God ALWAYS blesses those who wait for Him (Isaiah 30:18).


No comments:

Post a Comment