Sunday, August 19, 2012

Mayo Appointment Scheduled & Other Stuff

Great News!  We heard from Mayo.  My appointments (3 days worth) will be in mid-October.  We are working on arrangements now and I will definitely give an update when we've firmed up everything.  It's amazing how this "clinic" works.  I have a total of 7 different appointments/assessments/tests over the 3 day period.  My friend asked me how I feel about it all and I'm mostly very thankful - VERY thankful.  Of course I'm also a little nervous (not worried or scared) just nervous about the rigorous schedule, traveling and the tests I'll go through.

My friend sent me this scripture:
"The steps of a good man (or woman) are ordered by the Lord..." ---Psalm 37:23

That verse gives me comfort about the trip and the appointments and everything that will take place during and the outcome of the visit.  I will definitely update again soon when we get things ironed out and give you much more detail about the whole process.

Some even more great news!  In the past week I have been grocery shopping, out to lunch, to Jackson and to church today (BIG DEAL)! 

Going to Church!
AND I even DROVE the kids and me to the park and to Orange Leaf this week.  WOW WOW WOW!!!!  I have been praising God for every one of these milestones.

I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples.  For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.  ---Psalm 57:9-10

I took a "balance test" at St. Francis on Wednesday afternoon.  I ACED it!!!  :^)  They tested me using a pretty high-tech machine that simulates motion and movement; it made the floor move under me, it made the walls of the machine move around me... all the while I had to stay as still as possible.  I scored much higher than peers in my age group.  I chalk this up to two things: 1) the power and might of God and the healing He is doing in me 2) my therapist, Summer, who has worked me these last 4 months doing exactly what I needed to so I could straighten my balance (and I know that Summer gifted God and sent me to her)!  I probably would have fallen over numerous times had I taken the test 4 months ago before I started vestibular rehab therapy (VRT).

I will praise you forever for what you have done.  ---Psalm 53:9

Summer is over.  The Summer of 2012 that I was dreading just a few months ago.  It has been the most fun, fulfilling summer that I can remember.  The kids and I spent so much quality time together.  I am going to miss them terribly when they are not here with me.  I'm a little melancholy tonight as I write.  First grade tomorrow.  I cannot believe it.  I blinked and 6 years went by.  sigh...

I am praying for the teachers, administrators and other school workers in my circle of friends and loved ones... and for some outside my circle.  For the next 9 months these people will spend almost as much time with my kids as I do so I believe that covering them in prayer is vital.  I spent time in Beau & Lydia's Kindergarten class last year and have seen first-hand just a teeny-tiny glimpse of what a teacher endures in a day (love you Mrs. Parks!) and I cannot fathom how they do it.  I am amazed and humbled by their calling.  To all you teachers, administrators and school personnel (active and retired) thank you for using your skills, talents and love to impact the lives of our future generation.

Keep on keeping on for rejoicing comes in the morning!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment