Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Update on Waiting (and it's good)!

Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men.  Let them sacrifice thank offerings and tell of his works with songs of joy.  ---Psalm 107:21-22

Here's how I read this verse:  Let Nicole give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for her.  Let her sacrifice thank offerings and tell of his works with songs of joy.  ---Psalm 107:21-22

Two weeks ago I was in agony - not making much progress (in my mind) and wondering if I needed to pursue other medical options.  YOUR PRAYERS have been amazing.  The next day I started feeling better and felt peace to keep doing what I was doing.  As the Psalm says above, all I want to do is "tell of his works with songs of joy."  If I could sing, I would make an album right now.  Instead, I'm just singing to myself (and Jonathan and my kids and the dog... and anyone else who will listen) all day long.

The 4 main components of Meniere's are:
1) Fullness or pressure in the ear
2) Fluctuating hearing loss
3) Tinnitus (noises or ringing)
4) Vertigo

As you know, I have believed adamantly that God would provide complete healing from this Meniere's disease.  So, as of today here's my update:
1) Fullness or pressure in the ear - COMPLETELY GONE FOR 2 WEEKS - after feeling as though a balloon was being blown up inside my ear for the last 7+ months I have NO PRESSURE.  It feels AWESOME!  And b/c the pressure is gone, so is much of the anxiety... since it's the pressure that leads to the awful attacks.  I'm talking GONE!
2) Fluctuating hearing loss - COMPLETELY GONE FOR 2 WEEKS.  I've been exercising again (working my way back to running and riding the bicycle I received for Mother's Day) and can actually hear my iPod in BOTH ears!!!!
3) Tinnitus (noises or ringing) - almost gone but so slight that my brain doesn't register it.  I have to actually think about it to hear it.  Plus in the big scheme of things this has always been the least of my concerns with this disease.  And even though none of you will admit it, you probably all hear those "little voices in your head" now and then!!!!  :^)
4) Vertigo - No attacks for TWO MONTHS as of yesterday!!!!!

To say that all of this is praise is an understatement.  I honestly cannot express to you that this is the miracle I've been praying for - it's here!  God's complete hand of healing without pursuing additional medical treatment.  He gets the glory - that's it!

In addition to all of this - I started driving again after 2+ months and my dizziness/brain fog is getting better - my vestibular rehab therapy (VRT) is doing the trick.  I am pushing myself really hard throughout the day to do more and more "exercises" to get my balance back and get that nerve back to functioning.  And my therapist, Summer (who is also now a super awesome friend) is encouraging me and challenging me too (AND praying for me)!

I still need more prayer (I almost feel guilty asking for more after all everyone has done for me)... but I want to be 100%.  Even though I'm driving and doing much more, I've still got a ways to go.  Being in large crowds or big stores is still overwhelming. And I may not be able to drive every day if I'm feeling really "off" but any driving and getting out is progress and that's all I can ask for.  THANK YOU for your continued love and support - I have such peace and confidence and those are things that I could not produce in myself - they come only by God's hand.  Peace and confidence bring healing and progress.

So here I go singing again... (an oldie but goodie)
To God be the glory, great things he hath done! 
So loved he the world that he gave us his Son,
who yielded his life an atonement for sin,
and opened the lifegate that all may go in.

Great things he hath taught us, great things he hath done,
and great our rejoicing thru Jesus the Son;
but purer, and higher, and greater will be
our wonder, our transport, when Jesus we see.

Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
let the earth hear his voice! 
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
let the people rejoice!
O come to the Father thru Jesus the Son,
and give him the glory, great things he hath done!

No comments:

Post a Comment