Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Chosen

I should have started this blog LONG ago b/c of all of the wonderful and warm responses from all of you – thank you. It has lifted my spirits tremendously. To give you an idea of how bad this disease can make you feel, one lady wrote on her website: “I have often said that Meniere's Disease won't kill you, it just makes you wish you were dead.”

And if you read input from others (which I’ve had to quit doing b/c it's too depressing, the sentiment is pretty much the same).

But THANKFULLY I have a hope that it appears she does not have. And God revealed to me months ago that He CHOSE me for this – He didn’t just give this Meniere’s disease to anyone – he gave it to me. And although there are MANY days I wish He hadn’t, I believe that He will work in a mighty way through this – He already is. And last night it hit me… my husband and children are along for this ride too. My precious little 5 year olds (miracles themselves) are going to witness first-hand a miraculous healing in their lifetime. WOW!

I was praying with them this morning and reading scripture to them and told them that they were going to be part of this. Beau asked, “Is Jesus coming to our house (to perform the miracle)?” I laughed (and thought no, thank goodness, b/c I am SUCH a Martha)!!!!

I cried and cried as I realized that He chose the Gregory’s to experience this. I was reading this morning about being pruned in order to bear fruit. Pruning is painful – I know the shears I use in the yard are sharp and swift! But John 15:16 is so comforting. In Jesus’ words: You did not choose me, BUT I CHOSE YOU and appointed you to go and bear fruit – fruit that will last.

This Meniere’s scar on my life is VERY deep – the deepest I’ve had yet and it will surely produce fruit that will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment