Monday, April 16, 2012

2nd opinion today

It's been 7 weeks since my endolymphatic sac shunt surgery...

Jonathan and I are flying to Austin today to get a 2nd opinion on my ear. My previous doc did the surgery 2 months ago and has now put me on heavy meds and told me to come back in 3 months. Many days I cannot even get out of bed b/c of the dizziness so staying on meds and waiting 3 months does not seem like the right option. Although there is no cure and this 2nd doctor can't really "do" anything differently he can advise us and perhaps give us further insight.

My friends, yesterday marked my 6 month anniversary with this disease. It has been a tough road - I never dreamed that in my 30s I'd be stopped by something so teeny tiny as my ear that would cause me to not be able to even get out of bed some days, not be able to drive or work. I miss spending time with my family. If you have children, cherish them, love them, spend time with them... if they ask you to play a game with them, stop what you're doing and play it! Don't get them involved in so many activities that you never see them. Eat supper together and read the Bible to them. Don't just tell them you love them, show it - every second you get a chance; you may find yourself in a situation where you can't and I promise you, you will sorely regret it!!!

I still believe God has great things in store (immeasurably more than I can ask or imagine - Eph 3:20) but these have been some REALLY tough days. I would be lying if I said my faith doesn't waiver, b/c it certainly does, but He always brings me back to the big picture and I know that nothing is happening here and now that God isn't completely in control of.

Please pray for a complete and divine remission. If God does this, He will get all the glory - not a doctor, not a procedure that leaves me deaf, not anything man can do. God gets His glory. Thank you all for your faithfulness.

Every day when I give thanks I cannot even finish listing out all of my wonderful friends and prayer partners that I'm thankful for - I have to do part 2, part 3, etc... different days of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment