Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Fog

I was driving the kids to school one day last week and it was really foggy; so foggy that we couldn't see the school until we got right up on it.  As we were driving through the fog, Lydia said, "I wonder if the school disappeared." Beau said, "No, I can still see the outline of it."  I was busy looking intently right ahead of me so I wouldn't wreck.

I realize that sometimes when we're on the road of life, God has plans for us even though we can't see them.  They're on the road up ahead somewhere just beyond our visibility.  On that foggy day, God reminded me that even though He may have plans that I can't see right now, there are still things right under my nose that are clearly visible and need my attention.

This is WAY personal but at this point I've pretty much laid my life out there so I guess I won't stop now.  When I pray and journal I often just open the page and ask for God to give me guidance and when I write it's the stream of thought that comes to me; although it's not an audible voice, it's how I feel God communicating with me.  Here is my journal entry that followed that foggy morning:

Journal Entry

Sometimes I am like a dense fog.  I hide the things you can usually see.  I allow this fog to settle so that you literally can't see (or think) too far ahead.  You have to take each step (moment) of the day as it comes.  Do not get ahead of yourself.  Don't think about where you will serve next - serve me now, where you are.  After hearing two sermons on parenting the last couple of weeks, your Legacy Path book you're reading and the New Kid by Monday book you're reading, you've got plenty right here in front of you to focus on - I want you to focus on your family.  I have given you a gift that I have not given to anyone else you know - the gift of TIME.  Use it wisely.  Use it to minister to the things close by and right in front of you.  If you keep looking further out, all you see is fog.  Stay here - become the best mom and wife you can be.  I will help.


This is just another way that I feel God giving me peace to quietly serve my family and not to seek out other "flashy," more-prominent ministry opportunities.  Maybe those are out there covered by the fog and maybe not.  I realize that the gift of time is precious and priceless and that moms that have to work outside the home have a tremendous amount of pressure to fulfill their many roles.  I am truly and humbly thankful that God has bestowed this gift on me and I pray that I will faithfully fulfill my roles as wife and mom to His glory.

Ephesians 5:15-16:
15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity...

No comments:

Post a Comment